Fronting onto Lake Hopatcong, NJ’s largest lake, and surrounded by six acres of preserved woodlands, The Atkins Companies selected CB New Homes to position and market their latest project, Mariner’s Pointe, a 35-unit townhome community in Hopatcong, NJ. Starting in the mid-$400s the community was developed with vacation home buyers and affluent move down residents in mind. Each home in the community boasts a deeded boat slip and luxury amenities including a firepit, large sundeck, gas grills, extensive decorative landscaping and storage for waterfront living activities including kayaks, canoes and paddleboards.
- CB New Homes was brought in after the site plan, building footprints, and basic unit and amenity designs were already completed.
- Perceptions of Hopatcong had shifted over time. Formerly a destination for wealthy Manhattanites, Hopatcong had fallen out of favor in recent years.
- Mariners’ Pointe was the first new residential community constructed in Hopatcong in 20+ years and a key step in the municipality’s revitalization.
- Unit prices in the community were double the median housing price in the municipality and thus requiring marketing to reach buyers a significant distance outside the immediate geographic area.
- Our team established Mariners’ Pointe as an exclusive, luxury community unlike anything else on the lake with a marketing strategy built around the tagline of “Sophisticated Lakeside Living.”
- We recognized that the unique community also required a unique approach to marketing. We hosted a boat cruise/ community tour for top northern New Jersey realtors that enabled them to view the community from the water and showcased the lake lifestyle.
- We developed a comprehensive social, digital and print advertising campaign featuring the amenity rich community that promoted a sought-after lakefront living lifestyle. The campaign targeted high-net-worth individuals across northern and central New Jersey and New York’s five boroughs. A Facebook campaign also was developed and executed targeting high-net-worth boating, fishing and outdoor recreation enthusiasts.
- Signage was installed at the road entrance and on the lakefront that encouraged drivers and boaters to take a tour of the community. Billboard advertising also promoted the community on highways.
- A two-person sales team was put in place with an experienced new homes Sales Manager and a Sales Associate who had downsized from a home in eastern New Jersey suburbs to live in Hopatcong. The pairing offered prospective residents with both the expertise of an experienced Sales Manager and the perspective of an urbane local resident.
- 90% sold with 90% of sales coming from outside the local market.
- 2018 & 2019 NJBA Townhome Community of the Year